Friday, December 19, 2008

Back to Embossing...



It was a lot of work, but I made a dry embossed Christmas card for almost all my friends and family this year. I sent out about 40-50 cards. I have wanted to do this in previous years, but embossing takes a lot longer than just stamping a card. I just ran out of time the last couple years. This year I chose a couple of simple designs and mass produced a few different card designs.

In November, I signed up for a card crop at Scrapbooks Plus, and they had card kits you could buy. A copy of the card sample was included, and all the paper and ribbon you needed to make 8-10 cards. I bought several kits and spent an entire day there working on my dry embossed cards. This is one of the cards I made there. I changed the design a little from what was given in the kit. I was hoping to send out cards that were flat to save some money but it didn't work out that way. I almost always use foam tape with my embossing to give the images some dimension.
I used two different Lasting Impressions templates for this card (the dog is one template and the winter hat is another template). Hope you're having a great week!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love it! Thats a lot of embossing Heidi!

Annette said...

What an awesome card and so much work! All of your friends and family will cherish these! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Suzanne :O ) said...

awww what a cutie pie that dog is! I have that patterned paper too, but it's so cute I haven't wanted to use it up yet! lol great card!