Sunday, September 21, 2008

Witch's Shoes



I found the template for these witch's shoes on the SCS website. Here is the link where you can find it. I printed the template that looks like it was scanned from the PC Mag, took it to Kinkos and they enlarged both the shoe and the shoe insert for 53 cents. Wow, I was so surprised it was that cheap! I actually paid cash for it (and I never carry cash!) These shoes were pretty time consuming to make, it just takes a lot of time to trace the patterns onto the cardstock, cut it out, score and tape.

I used a tip that Laura posted on her blog awhile ago, about using copic markers to dye ribbon. I somehow do not own any orange, purple or green colored ribbon, so I took whitegrosgrain ribbon and ran my purple copic marker over it. I didn't have the right color purple brads either so I colored over them with my copic marker too. The buckle was dry embossed.

Hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

Chrisi said...

Ok these are WONDERFUL! I want to make some of course! Shoes can be for any occasion - not just halloween!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh Heidi! These are AMAZING! Very cool project.

Jennie Skaggs said...

So cute...love them. You are very patient and talented.

Anonymous said...

Love the shoes!