Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Member of the Family


About 2 weeks ago, we added another member to the family! We rescued another dog. She's 12 years old and she's a toy poodle. When I got back from my Las Vegas trip with my mom, I had an email from a co-worker that had been forwarded, and forwarded on and on. The email said that this woman's sister-in-law had recently died from cancer and they were looking for a home for her poodle. This woman wasn't married, had no kids and no one in the family wanted the dog. The family had dropped the dog off at a kennel until they could find a home for it. My heart just breaks for dogs like that! We thought 4 dogs is a bit much and we weren't sure how she would fit in, but the thought of her sitting in the kennel was too much. We agreed to initially foster her, to see how things would work out. The woman brought her to us and we instantly fell in love with her, and the other 3 dogs are all very tolerant of her. So we decided to keep her! She broke her foot while in the kennel so now she has this cute little pink cast on her leg. She's getting around fine and adjusting to life with us just perfectly. Her name was Missy, but I think her owner probably had a nickname for her that we don't know of, because she won't respond to Missy at all. We didn't really care for that name anyway and we've renamed her Senna. Isn't she the cutest?

I'm leaving to go away for Easter weekend, but I'll be back and post some more craft projects on Monday! Have a great rest of the week and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Heidi, what an adorable face....she is so cute. She's in good hands and has a good home now. My daughter has seven dogs....all rescue dogs and all ones that she couldn't say no to when they needed a home. We won't let anyone tell her any more about a dog needing a home...she doesn't need 8! LOL! Luckily she is in the country and has room for the 7. Hope Senna's paw heals fast. Happy Easter!

Janice W. said...

What a little cutie! You are so sweet to take her in! Have a Happy Easter!

Annette said...

She is just precious Heidi. You are so sweet to open your home to her, I am sure she was missing her owner and now you are going to fill that void with lots of love!! I'm a softy for rescues too, we have 6 dogs! We recently had a stray show up at the back of the property and luckily the local animal rescue took her, she is just down the road from us but I don't think she will last long there, she is an amazing dog and I know someone will fall in love with her. I'm so happy she showed up at the property, she was starving and her ribs were sticking out and now she has more food and water she could ever eat!

Donna said...

What an adorable puppy, Heidi. I'm so glad you posted a picture of Senna. I had invisioned (I don't know why) that she would be white. Got that wrong. And her poor little paw. I pray it heals quickly. She's a lucky girl to have you! :-) Donna

Suzanne :O ) said...

she IS the cutest! I hope she heals quickly, but in the meantime, her cast is pretty adorable! :) You'll have to keep me posted on your NYC trip- I'm only an hour and a half away! :) I've been itching to go to this stamp store down there, so if I get there soon, I'll let you know if it's worth visiting! ;)

GeminiJen said...

Hey Heidi, I knew when you told me about her that she would be living with you. :) She has found a wonderful home.

Anonymous said...

Heidi!
You are an angel! Senna is lucky to have you and you'll be lucky to have her. What a cutie she is. How sad it is that she had to suffer a loss and a broken bone... ( the pink cast is cute though ) I hope she heals quickly , I'm sure you're pampering her.
I hope you enjoy your Easter weekend!