Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Guest Artist: Anna, Age 8







I'm featuring a guest artist today. Anna, the daughter of my friend & co-worker Julie. Anna is a really sweet girl and she really enjoys crafting. Whenever she makes projects at school, she always asks her mom to bring the projects into work to show them off to everyone! Her projects deserve to be shown off, just take a look at a few of the things she's made. The first is a picture of a magnet. She drew the picture in school and they put the image onto a magnet. I thought the picture was amazing, I don't know how she got all the lines straight on the wall behind the chair! The second picture is of a cloth that she made at school too. She stamped the leaf with white paint and then tie-dyed the cloth. It turned out so nice. And the third is a paper caterpillar that Anna made. I came into work one day last week and this was sitting on my computer keyboard on my desk. It immediately made me smile, definitely started my day off right. It's so cute. I think I see a scrapbooker/cardmaker in the making....

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Anna's whimsical sense of style. She may not mean to have it, but it's there! She's a very talented girl!
~vicky:)

just me and z said...

Wow, that is amazing! I love her drawing. She is very talented! Great Job Anna!! :)

-Lindsay

Laura said...

So wonderful. I love that she likes her mom to take in her projects to work. After all, how fun is making art if you don't have a community to share it with?

Jennifer said...

Wow! What a talented guest artist. Her drawing is amazing. How nice of you to highlight her on your blog.

Judy said...

Cute stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Heidi!! We just got home and Anna is asleep she did not get to see this yet, she will be so thrilled! Thanks again -julie

Susan said...

Way to go Anna!You have some awesome art work and believe me....I know what I'm talking about. I hope Heidi will show off more of your art work in the future for us to see.

Annette said...

Wow - what great projects! Anna has amazing talent at such a young age and is on her way to becoming a great artist (maybe scrapbooker and cardmaker also)!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic projects. Love your guest designer! Looks like you have a future crafting buddy in your midst. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Please tell Anna I love her artwork. She is very talented ~ that you for sharing her work with us!

And, about the Wizard ... thanks for telling me you had the same experience. At first I felt stupid, but hey, it's just a die cutter not brain surgery! It shouldn't be hard. I'm getting a replacement from QVC. We'll see how it goes, I can still get a refund.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Anna sure has quite a lot of talent for such a young age. I just adore her drawing. All of her projects are fantastic. Thanks for sharing her art Heidi.

Patti said...

Good Job! Anna : ) What a talented crafter you are and Heidi, what a sweet heart you are to feature Anna's work! A wonderful and talented team!!

Patti

Jennie Skaggs said...

WOW...she is creative. I hope she will let you post more of her stuff in the future.