Saturday, April 4, 2009

Flower Pot Card




I saw this card on another blog and loved it. I followed her tutorial (it's a great one), but thought the top of the flower pot with the scallop looked too big so I trimmed mine down a little bit. This was an easy quick card to make. I dry embossed the flowers and leaves. That part pulls out so you can write on the card. I used SU kraft cardstock for the flower pot. I inked the edges of the flower pot using distress inks to give it some dimension. Hope you're having a great day - thanks for stopping by & leaving comments! I appreciate it!

10 comments:

Judy said...

Sooo cute, Heidi! I love the colors and your dry embossing is beautiful - as always. Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

That is a really cute idea Heidi. I think I may have to copy this myself. I'm thinking I can find a way to incorporate a pack of seeds with this too.....wouldn't that be cute! Thanks for sharing.

just me and z said...

GORGEOUS as always. Your work amazes me every day.

Love
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card Heidi. I love it and now I'm after that flower you've dried embossed . And the Kraft cardstock is perfect for the flower pot. This is an absolute must case card. I really, really . . Love it!

Annette said...

Adorbale card Heidi! I love how the flowers pull out of the pot so you can write on it, what a cute idea and the dry embossing is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

It's so cute!! I love it.
JennyA.

Patti said...

Great card Heidi and thanks for sharing the link!! : ) I like Susan's idea of including a pack of seeds : ) Too Too! cute!

: ) Patti

Heather said...

Love it! So fresh and spring like.

Jarie said...

Heather,

Judy shared your blog on the PC website. Miss you posting there. I found these flower pots last night on SCS and posted and Judy referred me to the one you had made and yours are just fabulous. I'm planning to used this idea for Mother's Day.

Janet

Anonymous said...

I can't get this card out of my head. I think I may attempt to try it myself sometime this week. It's just adorable and I love the colours you used.