Friday, December 18, 2009

Sled Gift Card Holder



I have so many Christmas projects to post here and not enough days before Christmas to post them all! I guess some will have to be posted after Christmas. This is a sled gift card holder that I made for two wonderful friends of mine, Janice & Suzanne. They both helped me find extra paper for my brother's wedding invitations earlier this year, and I just wanted to send them a little something to let them know I appreciate them. I found the template for this sled gift card holder here. For the "legs" (What do you call that part!?) of the sled, I doubled up the paper to give it a little more reinforcement and to help it stand up. The poinsettia is dry embossed using a Lasting Impressions template. Hope you have a great weekend. Looks like we are going to be snowed in! We're getting our second snowfall of the month, very rare for the DC area. Usually we don't even get two snowfalls during an entire season! Tomorrow we're expecting 12-20 inches of snow!

3 comments:

Judy said...

That is just unbelievably CUTE! I think the "legs" are called runners, but not totally sure. Enjoy your snow and stay safe and warm. Merry Christmas!!

Susan said...

Cute....cute....cute!!!!! I heard about your snow that your getting. My son goes to school on the east coast and he just came home Wednesday for winter break so e is really happy he is going to miss it. Although since we are in Chicago I'm sure he will see snow here before he goes back to school.Enjoy your snow!

Anonymous said...

Wow Heidi.. you sure got a lot of snow. I hope you enjoyed your day off from work. Now... about the sleds. OH my word! They are the cutest paper sleds I have ever seen. The dry embossed poinsettia sets the whole project off too.
another fabulous creation. I'm sure they love their sleds!