Saturday, May 16, 2009

Golf Card



I was asked to make a golf themed card for a man who was returning to work after being away for several weeks. I dry embossed the golf ball with a Lasting Impressions template. I wish I had the swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder, but I don't! It would have made it a lot easier. My lasting impressions template only had one row of the dots, so I had to emboss them over & over before using my circle punch to punch out the golf ball. I outlined the golf ball in black ink to make it stand out a little bit and then turned it over before attaching it to the card, so the reverse embossing would show up. It looked more like a golf ball that way! I used the edge of the Lasting Impressions template to hand emboss the golf tee. I cut some green paper to make it look like grass. The sentiment was printed from my computer. (Thanks to Chrisi for the idea on the sentiment!) This card took less than 10 minutes to make and I am really pleased with the results!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Clever idea Heidi! Your embossing for the golf ball is perfect. Love the sentiment too.

Suzanne :O ) said...

this card only took 10 minutes?! I don't believe it! :) I LOOOOOVE the reverse embossing- it really DOES look like a golf ball!

Heather said...

I love the golf ball! Very clever.

Anonymous said...

you're so smart Heidi. The reversed embossing is perfect. Looks like the real thing!! The colors and the sentiment are terrific too. What a fantastic card.

Annette said...

Awesome card Heidi! I can't believe you whipped it up in no time, you are very creative! Your gold ball turned out perfect!

Judy said...

Very cute!