Saturday, May 2, 2009

Go Caps!!




Today starts the 2nd round of the NHL playoffs. My local team, the Capitals have made it into the 2nd round! It's been an incredible, exciting year for them. Our first playoff round went to the full 7 games and the game was tied with about 4 minutes to go when the Capitals scored. The crowd went nuts! I have never heard it so loud in the arena. I jumped up when they scored and almost fell on the people in front of me. The guy next to me grabbed me and kissed me! We have our first of seven games today against the Pittsburgh Penguins and I am so excited to go to the game.

I think this stamp of the moose playing hockey is so adorable. I colored him with my copic markers and used basic grey paper for the card. I hand wrote the Go Caps on a 1 1/4" circle punch and layered it with a piece of blue paper punched from a 1 1/2" circle punch and made it so just the sentiment would stick out from the bottom of the layered pieces. I followed Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch to make this card. Let's go Caps!!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Cute card, Heidi! That Riley Moose is a perfect stamp for a hockey fan. I like that sketch too. Taylor has some good ones.

Anonymous said...

Great card and alright I'll say go caps for ya. lol sounds like it was a fun game.
I'm still a Red Wing Fan though ; )

Love that card. and the hockey moose image

Jen said...

That is sooo cute! Love Riley!

Laura said...

Wow. I love this card! I got the early Sun paper today, and there is a bit on Mike Green in the Washington Post magazine. I thought you would want to know!