Monday, April 21, 2008

Another Birthday Card...



Just playing around with my new Lasting Impressions templates. I think this might be my favorite of the new templates I got. What a quick and easy card! I popped up the balloon with foam tape, and used sandpaper on the paper to expose the white core.

Driving into DC for the last Caps game, I was stopped at a red light, and I looked over at the car to the left of me and it was Alex Ovechkin!! (The star player of our team, and arguably the best player in the NHL right now). I got so excited and was honking my horn and waving frantically. he looked over at me with a look like 'who the heck are you?' I just kept waving and smiling and probably jumping up and down in my seat, who knows, it all happened so fast! He then gave me a cheesy little half smile and a quick wave. Then the light turned green and he sped off. So cool, that totally made my weekend.

Caps play tonight... It's game 6 of 7 in the playoff series with Philly. Philly is winning the series 3 games to 2. The winner of the 7 games goes on to the next round. So it's go time, or go home for the Caps. I will be cheering them on (hoping, crossing my fingers, toes, arms, whatever!) for a win! Whatever the outcome, it's been an incredible season, and I am so proud of the team! Go Caps!

4 comments:

Kathy K said...

Love it! SO simple and fun!

Heather said...

Cute stencil card!

Unknown said...

Adorable card Heidi!!
And thank you SOOOO much for the 'best fishes' card you sent my way (looooove it!!)... it was such an fun surprise finding your beautiful card in my mailbox! Thanks for thinking of me, and for making my day... you are too, too sweet ;)
Go Caps!

Jennie Skaggs said...

What a great treat for you. :) YOu needed to have a camera around....LOL He probably didn't think anyone would recognize him....who watches HOCKEY!!! LOL Just teasing. Great card. Jennie