Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wedding Craftiness


When you entered the reception hall, there was a table where you could stop & pick up your name place card. They had 203 guests at this wedding!! On the same table, they had two frames, one with the save the date card and this message thanking me for making the save the dates & invitations, and the frame next to it had the invitation on it for display. I got so many compliments (even from men! You know you did a good job when a man compliments your crafts!) and I thought it was so sweet of them to do that for me.

Kristen & Jeff made the centerpieces themselves, I think they turned out so good. They used mason jars, filled them with coffee beans and stuck daisies in the top. I thought they were so cute. In an effort to save money and not use so many coffee beans, they rolled up a piece of brown cardstock and stuck it in the middle of the mason jar. The coffee beans are just around the glass and the center where the flowers are is empty, inside the rolled up cardstock. I thought that was a great idea.

This was the table for gifts. My Aunt JoAnn came from TX for the wedding and brought Jeff & Kristen this quilt that she made for them. She brought a couple sharpie pens and had people sign the quilt as they came in. Everyone signed on the white part of the quilt. I had never heard of this before, and it was a huge hit. The quilt was beautiful, and done in pinks & browns, their wedding colors. You can see the black/white canvas wall hanging that I made for them in this pic as well. I posted a photo of it last week on my blog. Kristen saw it before the wedding and started crying! I am so glad she liked it.

3 comments:

Suzanne :O ) said...

love all the handmade touches at this wedding! how sweet of your brother and SIL to display your work and thank you like that, what a great family you have! :D it all paid off in the end!!

Susan said...

Heidi that was so nice of your brother and sister in law to display your work with the thank you. I know they appreciated all your hard work. What a fabulous idea for the centerpieces. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us.

Janice W. said...

It looks like it was a wonderful day! I agree with Susan, so nice that they thanked you with a display! Those little girls in the pink dresses are adorable!