Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day




This is the gift I sent to my Mom for Mother's Day this year. I found the pattern for the wheelbarrow at this blog. The wheelbarrow is bigger than I thought it would be. I was planning to put a gift card in it, but it just looked silly with all the empty space. I found some large flower seed packets at Home Depot and put them in the wheelbarrow instead. I made a card to go along with it that looks like flowers in a flower pot. I put the gift card in that instead. There are lots of blogs that have directions to make the flower pot card, but I can't remember which blog I got the directions from. The flowers are dry embossed using a Lasting Impressions template. Hope you have a great Mother's Day weekend!

4 comments:

Janice W. said...

Your flower pot card is really cute and I like the wheelbarrow too! You always make such nice gifts! I am sure your mom will love it! Thanks for the link for the template. She certainly has alot of talent too!

Annette said...

These are both so cute, your flower card is awesome! I love the 3D wheelbarrel with the seed packet, perfect for spring!

Susan said...

Both are so cute but totally love the idea of putting the seed packet in the wheelbarrow!

Anonymous said...

Perfect finish to the wheelbarrow. Love the seed packets sitting inside. What a cool project. Love it. And the flower pot card is so beautiful. I really love the colors and how you shaded the pot. what an artist you are. so full of amazing talent!

Thanks a whole big bunch for sharing!