Friday, January 8, 2010

Calendar in a Frame







I have been wanting to work on a calendar project for awhile now, and when I saw this calendar frame project, I was inspired! I went to Target to look for some frames so I could make one of my own. Target didn't have the type of frames I was looking for, for what I wanted to spend (under $5 per frame). So I was walking out of the store and happened to walk past the $1 spot, and saw these cute little flip frames. Yes, for only $1!! I bought one and brought it home, and got to work on my own calendar. The dimensions of the inserts for the frame are 3"x3". I typed and printed the calendar pages in Excel. I went to work embossing 12 little images for each month. The best part of this project is, I made it entirely with my Lasting Impressions scraps!! No new sheets of paper were harmed in making this project! You don't know what a big deal that is for me, I have issues with keeping scraps around. I put January & February pages back to back, so once January is over, I can flip the calendar and display the February pages. I will say I had to keep the paper I used to 1-2 layers in order to get them to fit in the photo frames. I love how this project turned out. Afterwards, I went back to Target and bought the rest of the frames that they had for sale. I am thinking they would make nice affordable Christmas gifts next year. Hope you have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Janice W. said...

OMG Heidi! This is fantastic! Now I want to find some of those frames. I can't believe they were only $1.00. All of the pages are adorable and to think you did it all with scraps. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I will second Janice's OMG. It is fantastic. Your calendar in a frame is positively perfect. I also cannot believe you found the frames for a dollar. wow.
Your embossed images are all perfect for the calendar. Love what you've chosen for ever month. You sure have it! And I agree. They would be perfect for Christmas gifts.

Hope you're doing well!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I will second Janice's OMG. It is fantastic. Your calendar in a frame is positively perfect. I also cannot believe you found the frames for a dollar. wow.
Your embossed images are all perfect for the calendar. Love what you've chosen for ever month. You sure have it! And I agree. They would be perfect for Christmas gifts.

Hope you're doing well!
Hugs,
Lisa

Suzanne :O ) said...

what a great project!!! perfect use for your scraps :) I love when you can't find what you're looking for and then it finds you when you're about to give up!! :) those would be great (and inexpensive!) gifts- good looking out! :D

GeminiJen said...

I'm going to "third" Janice's OMG!! because thats what I was thinking. This is FABULOUS. They would make wonderful Christmas presents and you have all year to work on them.
Wonderful job.
JennyA.

Unknown said...

I have been wondering about you..SO happy you found me! Now I can stalk you here!
These are too cute..How lucky to walk by the dollar spot for your frames..I might just have to try these! Nice job..
Deb P

Heather said...

Awesome project! Isn't it great to come up with such a nice looking finished project without paying a ton of money?

nermalski said...

You inspired me. My in laws all have desk jobs so I thought how cool would this be as a gift.
Today I found the frames at Target in silver, white, and black.
Yippppeeee.
Thankyou for the inspiration and great idea.
JEss

Sarah Gough said...

Gorgeous! I'm intending to do a calender too - maybe I'll get it finished this month after seeing yours!

Susan said...

You get an OMG from me too! I agree it would make a great gift. I can't believe the deal you got on the frame.