Monday, January 25, 2010

Bird House Card Holder




Hi, Happy Monday!! I saw this cute bird holder on Gretchen's blog. The tutorial for it was inexpensive. Hers was made using all Stampin' Up supplies but I thought I could make one using some of my new bird embossing templates. My mom loves bird houses and she recently had a birthday, so I thought this would be the perfect gift for her. The paper I used is from Lasting Impressions and I used Lasting Impressions templates to make the birds, flowers and dragonfly. I hand cut the paper to make it look like grass. The bottom is cut from a Stampin' Up top note die. The circle in the middle is cut out with a circle cutter. Then I used circle punches to frame around the circle. The cards were all bird themed, and when I designed them, I made sure they all lined up so that the bird on the card would show through the window. I was in a hurry to get this done and get it to my mom so I didn't take pictures of the cards. They were all the size that can fit in a business sized envelope.

9 comments:

Annette said...

Another WOW project Heidi, this is absolutely adorable! What a great holder for cards, your mom is going to love it!

Janice W. said...

Oh Heidi,
This is the cutest thing ever! I bet your Mom loved it! Awesome gift! I would have loved to have seen the cards too, but I can see the cute little birdie!
:) Janice

just me and z said...

That is adorable!! So cute! :)

GeminiJen said...

That is awesome Heidi!! Soo cute.

Jenny

Susan said...

I echo all the adorable above! Too stinkin cute Heidi. Your Mom will love this.

Suzanne :O ) said...

you've outdone yourself- this is SUCH a cute project!

Unknown said...

This is super cute..You always find/come up with the greatest projects..Just darling.
Deb

Anonymous said...

Heidi!!! This is beyond fabulous! I'm going to have to break down and get over there to Gretchen's! And Lasting impressions. Because that bird is adorable!!So is the bird and dragon fly. I know your Mother hgad to love this. It's perfect for a birdhouse lover. Best paper birdhouse I have ever seen. You're still the Queen!!

Anonymous said...

Love It!! I need to buy that template. Wonderful Card Set!!! Traci