Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Card Candy Holder






I made this as a gift for a friend. I have been in a lot of card candy swaps and although they are time consuming to make, I love the end result!! Card candy is handmade embellishments for your cards or scrapbooks. You know those little packages of stickers or embellishments you get at the scrapbook store? Just like that but handmade.... so much better! I dry embossed all the little embellishments using Lasting Impressions templates, and adhered them to acetate using temporary adhesive. I found the template for the holder at Papertrey's site. It's a FREE template! You can find it here. It's the recipe wrap up template. It was easy and quick to make. Then I put each of the little card candy pieces inside the pockets. I decorated the front with a few extra pieces of the card candy flowers. I love how this turned out. Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it!

13 comments:

Suzanne :O ) said...

I LOVE this, Heidi! It's SOOOO fun and cheerful, your friend is super lucky! Seriously, your card candy is amazing!!!

Jen said...

OMG! that is soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

OMG you outdid yourself girlfriend! I can see why Barbara L. was so overwhelmed. This is a super cute idea and you did a great job co-ordinating everything.

~ Cin.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh heidi! Your friend is very lucky!! That is the neatest idea ever. I love the holder and my next stop is going to be over to papertrey's! thanks a bunch for posting the link.
Your lasting impressions are so , so, so , so pretty! the colors and the variety are perfect as well as your embossing ability's. You are a pro.
Fantastic project! thanks so much for sharing your fascinating ideas with us all.

Nettie said...

Fabulous Heidi! Wow did you put some work into this gift! So fresh and fun.

Nettie

Janice W. said...

This is so awesome! You are the queen of dry embossing!!!

Susan said...

Awesome Heidi!!!!! I love your card candy. I still have some pizza card candy you sent me once as a hostess gift, I almost used it the other day to make a card but then hated parting with it. Silly isn't it? I like looking at it though!

mspiggy7 said...

Heidi, This is awesome. A lot of work has been put into it. I love how your embossed pieces always turn out so nice. Great project!

Annette said...

WOW Heidi - this is just the cutest!! This must of taken you forever but the results are stunning, this is too cute!!

Patti said...

LOVE IT!! Heidi this is just the perfect idea! I am a "Card Candy" addict as well! This just makes the best gift idea. Your friend is blessed!! to have you : )

wowie! thank you for sharing : )

Patti

Becky G said...

Heidi, this is fabulous! I love it!

Hugs~Becky

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea! And it is so perfect!
You do wonderful work Heidi!
~Vicky:)

Jennie Skaggs said...

WOW...what a fantastic way to do cardcandy.