Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!



Happy Valentine's Day! I've had this patterned paper forever, and finally used it on this card. I paired it with a piece of pink Basic Grey paper and added Lasting Impressions brads. I dry embossed the scallop circle and heart using Lasting Impressions paper. One of the reasons I like the Lasting Impressions paper is it has a white core, so if you sand it, the white core shows through. I had no idea the same thing would happen with the Basic Grey paper. I'll definitely be using more Basic Grey paper instead of hoarding it... okay well maybe not, but it's still good to know! I hope you have wonderful plans for Valentine's Day. Not sure what we're doing yet. I better go figure something out!

6 comments:

Patti said...

Heidi you make me giggle! I hoard paper too : ) This card is great! will you give it to your DBF or doesn't he "get into" it?? My DH tells me

"never bother making a card for a guy! he doesn't appreciate it! - except me, honey," he says, "I appreciate it"! wink wink

LOL Happy Valentines Day to you too!

Patti

Susan said...

Pretty card Heidi!

Suzanne :O ) said...

don't you love using old(er) paper? fun card, I love the giant scallop behind the heart, it reminds me of a doily :) hope you had a sweet valentine's day!

Anonymous said...

Love the printed paper. the heart, the scallop circle! The colors . . lol well, everything about this card is super pretty . I have mounds of basic grey paper that I hoard too. And now that I know you can sand it. I might just have to use some of it!
I hope you had a super sweet valentines day!

Annette said...

Another beautiful card with your embossing! I love the sanding on the white core paper. Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

Judy said...

I love the paper and colors. Very pretty card.
Judy
PS - I hoard paper too. I finally used some Basic Grey paper I have had for like 3 years. I don't think they even make the patterns anymore. You, me and Patti should start a support group :)