Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lemon Ice Cream


Here is the latest card I made for the monthly Iron Chef recipe card swap that I participate in. My category was cold dessert, and the secret ingredient was lemons! Our hostess, Jessica, sent everyone some patterned paper and challenged us to use the paper on our cards. The paper is blue, brown & white! Doesn't exactly go with yellow or a lemon theme, so it was definitely a challenge for me. I am pretty happy with how my card turned out though. I dry embossed the "Lemon Ice Cream" title, the lemon and lemon slices using a Lasting Impressions brass template. I put the recipe itself into a pocket I created with brown cardstock. Hope you're having a great holiday weekend!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I love it Heidi and it sounds so yummy! Love the lemons too :)

Susan said...

I think you did a great job making the paper work for the challenge / recipe. Sounds delicious too.

Traci said...

I love it! Is that a tried and true recipe.... maybe I should make it for my son. He loves lemon. Nicely done!