Friday, October 2, 2009

Dress Shopping Flip Album









I signed up for UStamp with Dawn & Friends in September. It's an online "class". Each day a new project is posted with PDF instructions. They're all projects by Stampin' Up demonstrators and all the projects use Stampin' Up products but there's no requirement that you have to use Stampin' Up products when you create the projects for yourself. There have been some really cute projects and I am having fun waking up each morning to a new idea! The Fall projects are all done now, and I signed up for the Holiday version. I am looking forward to getting some ideas for Christmas projects.

One of the projects was this flip album. It's made with 3 sheets of 12x12 paper. I used Stampin' Up's chocolate chip paper to construct the album, and some Bazzil white cardstock. The letters on the front are some little plastic letters I found in Hobby Lobby's clearance isle! I added 6 of the daisies I embossed for the wedding invitations. I hated to add them because that's 6 more I need to cut out, but I think they just looked so cute! I used the scraps from the wedding invitation sample I made a couple weeks ago on the album too. Last month my mom, Kristen (future sister-in-law) and Kristen's family went dress shopping looking for a wedding dress. I wasn't able to be there since they all live in Ohio and I am in Virginia. My mom sent me all these pictures and I thought they would be perfect in this flip album! I love how this turned out. I am so pleased with it and I know Kristen will be when she receives it too. I mailed it to her earlier this week and am waiting to hear how she likes it!

Hope you have a great weekend! I have a busy one planned, with lots of crafting and the season home opener of the Capitals! I am glad Fall is here. Cooler weather & hockey season are my favorite things!

7 comments:

Judy said...

What a cute and thoughtful gift! I'm sure your future SIL will love it.

Annette said...

What an awesome album! Your future SIL is going to love it!! What a great way too for you to be a part of their special shopping day, it must of been really fun creating it. Have fun crafting this weekend and enjoy your hockey game!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Heidi!!! What a gorgeous album. She is going to more than like it. You'll see... She is going to love it and then some. What a wonderful , thoughtful and beautiful gift. Even though you probably see daisy's in your dreams from making so many and cutting them out. It is perfect . . in going with the theme of the invitations. I love it. And I love the new picture you and slapshot! too cute.
Looking forward to seeing the projects you make for the holiday's with UStamp ideas.
Happy weekend to you!

Nettie said...

Your album is gorgeous Heidi. It inspired me to sign up for their Holiday workshop. Thanks

Nettie

Jennie Skaggs said...

gorgeous...IK hope I can just sign up for this one class...because i want to try and make a flip book for my mom. I saw this on facebook but couldn't respond there. TFS Jennie

Heather said...

Excellent project- very well done.

Susan said...

You did an amazing job on this Heidi and of course you had to use the daisies.....it was the perfect added touch to the album. Your SIL to be is so lucky to have you. I bet she will love this.